Service Desk Analyst
Location: Petaling Jaya - Malaysia
The Global Service Desk Analyst (SDA) provides first level IT support to the Schlumberger IT users’ community. Upon receiving a customer contact (through Phone Call, Web Chat, or Email), the SDA either resolves the reported IT problem or escalates the problem to the relevant support group as per established Service Level Agreement (SLA) and procedures. The Service Desk Analyst reports to the Team Leader.
Successful Global Service Desk Analyst have excellent customer service skills, enjoy solving problems, have strong ability to prioritize work and work well in teams. SDA's should have a process oriented attitude, demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness in finding solutions, and a willingness to learn new technologies. SDA's must be willing to work in shift patterns.
- Ensures that Customer’s contact is attended in a timely manner as per the defined SLA.
- Ensures all the Customer’s IT issues are followed up using the predefined standard operating procedures.
- Track user’s availability and follow up with the user to resolve their IT issue.
- Escalate the user’s IT problem to the relevant support group if the IT problem cannot be resolved at the Service Desk level.
- Support the Customer in a professional manner with respect and courtesy.
- Provide IT advises and/or training to the Customer to prevent from problem re-occurrence.
- Ensures to arrive on time for the scheduled shift time.
- Communicate effectively with the Team Lead to consult for IT issues, Global Service Desk operations issues, etc.
- Be the first line of defense to prevent Schlumberger from cyber-attack, social engineering, etc.
- Keeps up to date with own training and ensures to remain on-track with IT Professionals career development plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related subject with strong technical knowledge.
- Must be Fluent in English, Arabic and/or French, both written and verbal.
- IT support or helpdesk support experience will be an advantage - maximum 2 years' experience.
- Good understanding of Operating Systems (Windows 7 / Windows 8 / iOS / Android, etc.) and PC/Mobile Devices hardware.
- Proficient in supporting MS Office Suites (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Words, etc.)
- Knowledge in basic networking (LAN/WAN) and IT infrastructure environment.